Monday, November 26, 2012

Easy Roast Beef Dinner

I realise these pictures aren't the best, but what are you more interested in, good pictures or good food? 
Its the latter for me!

I was staying at home with my sisters while my parents were away, and one of my sisters that has been at uni for a few weeks was complaining about not having roast dinners anymore, so I decided to make one!

This has to be one of the easiest roast dinners I have ever cooked!
This was the meat I used, here is the link to it on the Tesco website, because they have changed the packaging for it. 
You literally cook it as it says on the packet; take the plastic off, pour the gravy over, cover with foil, cook for 45 minutes at 180 degrees, remove the foil, cook for another 10 minutes, then remove from the oven, wrap it in foil again and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Simple. 


You need to decide, preferably before hand, what you will accompany your meat with. 
We had; 
- Butternut squash, peeled, chopped, drizzled in oil and roasted - 20 minutes
- Carrots, peeled, chopped and boiled (you can buy it already prepared) - 15 minutes
- Broccoli and cauliflower (pre-prepared) boiled, 10 minutes
- Yorkshire puddings (Aunt Bessie's frozen) - 4 minutes in oven
- Peas and sweetcorn - 3 minutes in microwave, from frozen
- Gravy, Bisto 'favourite' gravy granules, made with boiling water that the vegetables were cooked in, with added beef juices!


Simple enough? 

Enjoy, 

Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...